Published on December 15, 2020
Vitamin D*action has achieved a major milestone: ‘Moving Research into PRACTICE’ is now a reality! States, Governments Acknowledge the Need for Vitamin D to Build the Immune System
Every day we are getting calls to tell us how our site is THE best source of trusted vitamin D information for everyone! This is possible due to your contribution of your intake of vitamin D and other nutrients, health conditions you have, and our ability to demonstrate to you –and others– the effects of vitamin D levels on many health outcomes.
Because of you, we continue to reach out to communities to Take Action Today:
- Last week, I was invited by a local radio station in North Dakota and provided vital health information on how GrassrootsHealth could help the state make a big impact on lowering their risk of COVID-19! I’ve been tasked with creating some key methods of doing this with project plans and targeted education modules. By addressing specific actions on how to take charge of their own health, we are able to provide services to enable them to take advantage of the ‘Immune Boosting Effect’ of vitamin D.
- I, along with Dr. William Grant and Dr. Joan Lappe, will be presenting our research results on the relationship between breast cancer and vitamin D to the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco in February. Also, as part of the presentation, Dr. Carol Wagner will be addressing the relationship between vitamin D and pregnancy.
- I’ve been invited back to speak in Germany in February addressing the changes in the Vitamin D world since my last presentation in 2019. Changes continue to happen because of you.
- I will be giving a presentation for the Group of 12 & Friends on Dec. 21st. The group meets monthly for fun, fellowship, information and discussion about science, medicine, the arts, psychology, and cutting-edge discoveries and technologies. Each month, a prominent speaker addresses the Group with a dissertation on a subject of interest.
- In our effort to move research into practice by taking action today, we have developed some NEW OUTREACH ENABLING SERVICES that can offer immediate access to testing and education for individuals and companies on how to boost their health with vitamin D.
- We are launching a multi-pronged consultancy and educational initiative where we offer state governments the development of customized education and project modules for health agencies.
These are the results of a new perspective in science, a new methodology. It combines extensive research from renowned scientists who have proven the wonders of vitamin D. Importantly, it is based on a disciplined, self-reporting effort. This makes it the science of YOU.
In this new methodology, an extremely important educational effort is taking world-wide and center stage, and it is saving lives TODAY. Our goal is to place vitamin D as a major player in public health guidelines, not only to diminish the current public health catastrophe we have with COVID-19, but to become healthier in many aspects of our own lives.
We have the research. We have the data. We have the scientific community support. We have you.
We need to take action NOW! Donating $25 –or much more– will allow us to make a major push, expand our outreach efforts and positively affect millions of lives! The cornerstone of our success has been the self-educational tools that GrassrootsHealth continues to develop based on personal feedback allowing every user to see how vitamin D and other nutrients are working for them. It allows the possibility of taking your health into your own hands in an effective and affordable manner. A small donation will help us continue making a difference in the lives of so many.
In our work, GrassrootsHealth sees the need to do a MAJOR PUSH to spread the word to massive audiences all over the world so that these messages can be a key source of the recognition that there is something each person can do for their own health TODAY! Please make sure you share! It might save your life.
From the GrassrootsHealth team, we thank you!!
What does the Research Say about Vitamin D & COVID-19?
It’s TIME to start saving lives! If you can help PREVENT the majority of the death, it’s time! What’s it costing you/us not to take action NOW?
There is much published research that supports a clear link between vitamin D and COVID-19 showing that higher vitamin D levels are related to:
Be sure to educate yourself on the benefits and importance of vitamin D for immune health, and take steps to ensure you and your loved ones are getting enough.
You can review all of the COVID-19 and immune health information we have shared on this page.
What Does it Take YOU to Get Your D to 40 ng/ml (100 nmol/L)?Did you know your health could be greatly affected by making sure you have a vitamin D level of at least 40 ng/ml (100 nmol/L)? Help us help you.
STEP 1 - Do you know what your vitamin D level is? If not, be sure to test today to find out.
STEP 2 – Determine your target level. Are you at your target level? Experts recommend a level of at least 40-60 ng/ml (100-150 nmol/L).
STEP 3 – Need to boost your level? Use the D*calculator to see how much vitamin D it may take to reach your target. Opt for the Loading Dose for a quicker boost.
STEP 4 – Optimize how your body absorbs and utilizes vitamin D with co-nutrients and these simple steps.
STEP 5 – Re-Test! This is an important step to make sure you have reached your target level, and to ensure you are not taking too much! Re-testing after 3-4 months is recommended.
STEP 6 – Adjust, Repeat…
Give your immune system the nutrients it needs to support a healthy you and protect yourself from unnecessary diseases, especially COVID-19.
The first Randomized Controlled Trial on vitamin D and COVID-19 has shown a 96% lower risk of ICU admission for those receiving vitamin D (as 25(OH)D to quickly boost vitamin D blood levels) along with the standard treatment, compared to those receiving standard treatment alone.
These results support many previous observational studies showing a relationship between vitamin D levels and intake and COVID-19 severity.
GrassrootsHealth Nutrient Research Institute has launched the new Immune Boost project with the use of our myData-myAnswers nutrient health system that nearly 15,000 people are already using for their health. Specific markers that influence immune health are suggested for testing as part of this project including:
- Vitamin D
- Omega-3 Index
- Essential elements magnesium, selenium, and zinc
Our goal is to demonstrate how one can use the Nutrient Research Model established by Dr. Robert Heaney to show the effect of vitamin D serum levels of at least 40 ng/ml (100 nmol/L) on risk reduction for all ethnicities in the population. Status and intake of other nutrients will also be analyzed for any type of relationship to immune status and symptom severity. Join the project today!
Please let us know if you're interested in helping sponsor this project.
Through GrassrootsHealth Nutrient Research Institute, you can also test your essential elements magnesium, copper, zinc and selenium, toxins such as lead, mercury and cadmium, as well as your omega-3 levels, inflammation levels and thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) level. Find out your levels today! Log on to the test selection page (click the link below) to get your tests and see for yourself if your levels can be improved.
Make sure you track your results before and after, about every 6 months!
How can I track my nutrient intake and levels over time?
To help you track your supplement use and nutrient levels, GrassrootsHealth has created the Personal Health Nutrient Decision System called
For each specific supplement, you can track what days you take it, how much, and many other details. This will help you know your true supplemental intake and what patterns of use work for you to reach and maintain optimum nutrient levels. Check it out today!